11.09.2008

What do you do when life hands you a long commute??


Buy a PURPLE car! Yup, that's what my husband did. In my last post, I mentioned that we had traded cars for the week to cut down on the $$ we shell out for gas. Well, you see, the Woods family is BIG and you can find someone in the family to help you out with nearly every problem you can have (insurance, nurse, doctor, judge...etc). Luckily, a soon-to-be addition to the Woods family is a car salesman.


Steve had talked to his soon-to-be cousin-in-law about finding him a "decent" car that gets "great" gas mileage for a "good" price. Well, he called this week and said he had a car that is in great condition, in our price range...only drawback....it's PURPLE (my least favorite color)! Well, we talked it over, and, since I am not going to be driving it, I didn't say much.


To make a long story a bit shorter...we have a PURPLE car! Steve will be driving it to and from work 5 days a week, and since gas is at $1.99 now, we hope to be saving some serious money. According to Steve, it will pay for itself in a year and a half. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have tears in my eyes I am laughing so hard...I have to frame this pic so that I can laugh at Steve and his purple car everyday. This picture is priceless! Congrats on the new ride!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new Barney Car, Steven. It's your color!