11.02.2008

Weekly Update

This week we tried something new. In order to save $$, we tried switching vehicles. Steve commutes 1hr to Kzoo every week while I drive 5 minutes down the road. It only made sense that I would drive the gas guzzling truck, and he would take my SUV. Well, folks.....that's not fun. It's what we're doing because it saves money, but we aren't a fan of it. So, that got me thinking....What do you do to save money? Is there anything that you are/aren't doing to save money during these "troubled economic times"?
Yesterday we went to watch 4 of Steve's cousins play football. Not all of them really played because it was H.S. playoffs, but it was a fun game, and they won!
The rest of the weekend has been spent shopping, doing laundry, working on the yard, mopping tile (we have lots of it), working on report cards, and, of course, playing with Moose. I weighed him yesterday and he now weighs 45 lbs. He's becoming quite the moose!






Kar worked so hard on these pillows, the least I could do is take a picture and post them! The pillows at the top are 2 of 4 solid brown pillows Kar made to put on my not-so-hot pink couch. Our room is trimmed in brown, and I thought the brown pillows might help break up the pink couch(ew). I think it has helped a little, and they are very nice for napping. The pictures below are from the couch upstairs. The oh-so-talented Kar ripped the ugly red fabric off the front and replaced it with the dark brown polka dot. I LOVE them, and they match the chairs I recovered.

THANKS KAR!

No comments: