6.23.2008

I have a job!

I just got the official word this morning. I have a JOB! Really, I still have my old job for the summer, but...it's summer...and I am a teacher...so I am not working. Now, I also have a job for the 2008-2009 school year.


I will be a fourth grade teacher at Gordon Elementary School in Marshall, Michigan. Fourth grade is good because that's what I taught in KY. I was actually hoping for a different grade, but as my very smart husband pointed out, "You're changing states and schools...isn't that enough change for you?" He's so right.
Gordon is the school that Woodz went to when he was a little guy. He's really excited because now he can go in and "check it out."

Now, Marshall is about 40 minutes away from where we live right now in Kzoo so the new task for now is to find a house to move into in the fall. We're hoping for a place inbetween Marshall and Kzoo. Currently, I am just h appy that we both will continue to have incomes. Now, I can relax and enjoy the rest of my LONG summer because school doesn't start in MI until Sept!

1 comment:

The Cherry's said...

CONGRATS on the job!!! A friend of mine from high school (Marci ? don't know her married name) works here as well as a friend's mom (Sally Hunt). FYI - my mom's house is for sale in Battle Creek! It's in a great neighborhood, fenced in backyard, basement...it's a GREAT house if I do say so. :) Good luck with the new job and house search.