6.19.2008

Gadgets Galore!

We are so excited to have all of our wedding gifts out and in use. I thought I would blog about a few of our favorites.

Currently, I am listening to the sound of our new breadmaker. I am making my first batch of wheat bread. I can't say I LOVE the bread maker, because I don't know if it works yet, but I sure hope so. If you have any good wheat bread/bread maker recipes, send them my way.
Another thing we got right before the wedding for a joint birthday gift is the kitchenaid mixer. I think the mixer was really for me, but the things I make w/ the mixer are for Steve. So far, I have made snickerdoodles, toffee/chocolate chip cookies, and red velvet cookies. Yum!
Some things that I had when I lived in KY I didn't use much, but now that I have them here, I have been using them more. A couple years ago, Steve bought me an espresso maker. We both use it to make iced lattes. We don't get into making the fancy drinks (Starbucks down the road does that for us), but it's so simple to make a latte in the morning. We have even started to freeze espresso into ice cubes so it doesn't water down the lattes. (I have too much time on my hands.)
Finally, our most exciting gadget is our solution to last year's balcony gardening disaster. I think I posted on my blog last summer that we tried having a tomato plant and some other veggies on the balcony and we ended up with the largest tomato plant ever with only one tomato. This summer, we have a much cooler balcony, but it hardly gets any sun. So, for Steve's b-day/graduation, I bought my farmer-at-heart husband an Aerogrow. It's pretty neat. You buy the "pods" for whatever you want to grow, set it all up, and watch it grow. I think our herb garden is supposed to be ready in about 5 weeks. Then, I am hoping to use our dehydrator to dry some herbs because the next thing going into the aerogrow is tomatoes!
I noticed today that the basil has started to sprout (after just two days) so check back to see sprouts!

We received a bunch of bed bath and beyond gift cards, and even though we can't fit any more gadgets into our little apartment now, if you have a favorite gadget, leave a comment about it. We LOVE gadgets!








No comments: