11.03.2010

Update!

The last post was from Steve. I apologize for the lack of info, but there really wasn't much.

By 11:15 I was begging the nurse to check me again to see if I was at a 4 in order to get an epidural. BEGGING! Of course, I wasn't so she checked me again at 12 and I was at 4!

The nurse went to get all of the epidural stuff as well as my new best friend (aka anesthesiologist), but by 12:45 she wasn't back yet and I was near death (ok, it just seemed that way). As I sent Steve out to look for her, she was walking in with the stuff.

The nurse went ahead and put a thing on Sprout's head to keep track of her heart rate and then my bff gave me the epidural.

After that, it's a bit of a blur. What I DO know is that I had THE BEST NAP EVER!

Later the nurse woke me up to put another probe in me to check contractions internally as well as the cathedar. So now I am hooked up to the epidural (with a patient release button, thank-you-very-much), internal heart rate probe, internal contraction probe, iv, pitocin, and cathedar. Basically, I have no worries. :)

At this point, my nurse is working on increasing the pitocin so I continue to dialate while I am sleeping and relaxing. My contractions need to be closer together, but they're getting there.

My doctor just stopped in and she's going to FL for a conference so she won't be delivering the baby, but I have met the doctor and he's a great guy. She's thinking that she'll come this evening, but we'll see! :)

1 comment:

Krasnick5 said...

So excited for you!!!! Noah just asked if you had your baby and I told him I think right now.:)