6.23.2010

We have a plan!

Well, sort of!

Last night, I drug Steve to a fabric store to pick out fabric for Sprout's room. We couldn't leave until we agreed on at least 2 fabrics that would work in her room. Good thing I bribed him with Red Robin for dinner!

Since you aren't supposed to use a bumper or quilt in a crib, I think it's silly to pay for a crib set so I have decided to make a crib skirt and purchase some solid sheets to go with it. I am also going to make a valance, pillow (for the glider), and whatever else I can think of to go in the nursery.

This will be the crib skirt with a pink sheet on the crib:


Then, we will cover panels in the bifold closet doors with this:

*the colors look a bit off in the picture...but you get the idea
I'll do the valances in one of those fabrics as well as a blanket in the pink with green minky backing. I am excited to see how much fabric I have left (I bought a TON) to make anything else I think of. :)



As for the walls, they will be mostly pink with some sort of design/stripe going on that Steve will do. I'm also on the lookout for a pink chandalier!

1 comment:

Jonica said...

I love the material you picked out. I'm sure it will be very pretty when you get done with it.