7.07.2008

You Gotta Regatta!

Last weekend we went down to my parents' place across from Madison, IN to enjoy The Madison Regatta. Every year, Madison hosts a hydroplane race. Along with the race, there are lots of other festivities. Even though it was kind of rainy this regatta, it was still a lot of fun.


One of my favorite parts of the Regatta is the parade. People begin saving their spots on Main Street early in the morning (this year we even saw some spots saved the night before). There are always a lot of "floats/groups" there that suport Shriners. Last year, we made bets on how many there would be. This year, we decided to make it a tradition. My dad and Woodz occupied themselves with documenting the experience.









That's right! There were eight this year. That's at least 4 less than last year (we forgot the exact number). I am not sure if the population is decreasing or what!?!?! I lost the bet....I guessed 9. :(

2 comments:

The Rausch's said...

Hilarious!! Mike cracks me up!!

thegroves said...

That is hilarious! I love that he's out in the street counting!