7.24.2008

My (re)new(ed) obsession

About a year ago, I started beading. When I decided to to to Michaels to get the stuff to teach myself how to bead, Woodz definitely thought it was a phase! I couldn't argue with him. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, but it was summer, and I was bored!
I LOVE to make my own jewelry. Before the wedding, I felt guilty beading because I had so much wedding stuff to do, but now I have all kinds of time...and nothing to do.

Recently, I picked up some chain to make charm bracelets, and I have become obsessed! It doesn't require as many beads so I can pick out my favorites or use some old leftovers, and (if you ask me) they are so cute and fun.

I made this one to wear to a wedding we are going to Saturday. It matches my dress perfectly (another reason to make your own jewelry). I love the "W." I'm proud to be "Mrs. Woodz."


This one is fun! It was time consuming to make all the little charms, but I have time!



I used shells from our cruise/Florida vacation for this bracelet. (Thanks Steve for drilling all those holes!) It's a bit loud, but so fun!

I love the swirly beads I found at Hobby Lobby (HL is 2 minutes away from my apartment...no joke).

So, my girls, you probably know what you're gettin' from me for Christmas this year. I take requests (look for a Colts design soon).

Tomorrow, we're heading to Marshall to look for a house, but I'll be heading to their cute little bead shop for more beads!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan,

Iwant one of these!!! Also, I finshed that book in two days that you guys let me borrow. So good!

Devon

Steven and Megan Woods said...

Devon- I am glad you liked the book. What color would you like? I can make it and send it.

dgrove said...

Those are SO cute! I like the noisy one with your FL finds. Very fun!!

Anonymous said...

haha I like anything!!!! Suprise me!

devon

designHER Momma said...

you are so crafty! love the bracelets!