7.31.2008

Homeowners?

That's right, folks! We could be homeowers tomorrow evening! Yesterday, we went looking at homes w/ our wonderful realtor. She showed us 5 houses in Marshall. This house was the fourth one we went to (as well as the one we had been stalking on the internet). We LOVE it so we put in an offer.

It's certainly not typical. It actually has 4 floors....3,000 square feet! We definitely don't need that kind of space right now, but it would be nice in the future, and it's a great deal. Its sort of like a bi-level where there are only half flights of stairs, but this is a "quad-level."

There are 2 1/2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms so we'll have plenty of room for visitors(and children...one day)! There is a huge backyard with a SCREENED IN treehouse (Steve's cousins are very excited about that). If they accept the offer we'll have a wood burning fireplace in the living room which is important for this non-michigan native.

I am already stressing out about furniture and paint colors and we don't even have the house. My plan today is to find some good decorating websites so if you have any favorites, send them my way.

We should know by 6pm tomorrow (Friday) if we have it. Then, it will be time to CELEBRATE...or pout. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting!! I was just wondering about you yesterday and hoping the house hunt was going good. I'll keep my fingers crossed! Call me when you hear the news!!
Love and miss you!

The Rausch's said...

So excited for you!!! I too will keep my fingers crossed for you!!