10.31.2010

Update on Sprout

I went to the doctor for my regular visit last Friday, and found out that my blood pressure had increased for the second week in a row. I tried to blame it on the Halloween party that I had just had in my classroom, but Dr. Young disagreed. Apparently, since my mom had the same problems, it is more likely for me to have high blood pressure as well, and no amount of rest and relaxation is going to change it. After looking at my blood pressure history and feet/ankles that resembled sausages, she requested that I return tomorrow (Monday) to have my blood pressure checked again.

So, the plan is if it is still high, she will think about inducing me, if it has gone down, we'll wait a bit longer. At this point, she's thinking Sprout is about 7 1/2 pounds so she's not going to be a small baby. :)

I'm not so sure how I feel about all of it. As long as she is healthy, I'm fine with whatever. I wish I had more control over the situation, but I don't...and I am learning that...slowly.

No comments: