8.05.2009

Update

I put "blog" on my to-do list today to make sure I did it. Actually, it was on there yesterday, but I just crossed it off. I have tons of random pictures to share so get ready. Really, we have been pretty busy with fun "summer" stuff, but I rarely take pictures.



Last month, we took Moose down to the river for his first summer visit to KY. He LOVES rides. Steve doesn't let him in the truck unless it's absolutely necessary. If he is allowed, I have to cover the truck in sheets. Moose doesn't mind. He actually likes looking like he's going into surgery.







We also went tubing.






I miss the river so much. Somehow, Steve and I persuaded each other that we NEEDed a kayak. After finding a great sale, we purchased one. A friend of ours has another that we borrow nearly every weekend. Luckily, there are a lot of "rivers" (they are pretty small, if you ask me) and lakes here to kayak on. During our first adventure, we saw blue herron, sandhill cranes, turtles, minnows, a snake, ducks, swans, swanlings (?), and a dead deer (ew). We bought the cheapo without a padded seat, so I made a pad for it. I haven't tried it out yet, but I am sure it's better than the towel I had been using.

Last week while my mom , aunt, Betsy, Owen, and Karla were here we looked out the kitchen window to see 13 turkeys! They were fun to watch. Steve was at work so I had to take this picture to prove it to him.

I'm trying out the "post options" to see if I can create more posts for the future without having to put "blog" on my to-do list every day. Check back tomorrow to see if it works. :)

No comments: