1.27.2009

Moosie and Us

So I just finished "reading" Marley and Me. I put quotes around reading because I am pretty sure I just saw parts of the last chapter or two through tears and inferred the rest. Around here, it takes to long for a movie to come to town so I finally just bit the bullet and bought the book.

Obviously, I LOVE my dog, but it really did give me a new respect for the big guy. He's not so bad after all.
Moose turned 6 months old yesterday. He's a whopping 85pounds-ish (it's hard to get him on the scale). He continues to grow at a rapid rate but his eating and playing have begun to slow down. I'm sure all of the growing really wears a big puppy out. He sleeps until 4, naps and plays until 8 and is back down for the rest of the night! I hope we have this much luck when we have children!
Check him out!
Soon, he'll be taller than me! (Pay no attention to the dorky pj's)
Moose is one of the funniest dogs ever. We laugh at him on a daily basis. He's gaining about 5lbs a week. That means he has no time to get used to his size before he gets even bigger. He's constantly tripping, bumping into things, and falling, but the funniest part is watching him try to get comfortable on the couch. He LOVES lounging on the couch with us, but lately, he just hasn't been able to do it.
Here, Steve tryed to help him off the couch to go to bed, but he was too tired to move. So, he just stayed like this for a bit.

He fits!...well...all but a leg fits.
This works for him! :)
This didn't work for me.
During one of our snow days, I made Moose this bed. He loves it. He would love it more if I would make one big enough for all three of us to cuddle up on. If he can't get comfortable on the couch, his bed is his next choice. Isn't he a cutie!? Look at those awesome paws!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed a good laugh while at work and these pictures did it for me.

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie...a real tear jerker!