1.04.2009

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

For Christmas, I asked for a sewing machine. I mostly asked for it because I was so impressed with all of the cute stuff Karla was making. Steve continued to tell me I wasn't going to get a sewing machine because I would never use it. HA!

I got a sewing machine!
Then, I got real nervous because I don't/didn't know hot to sew. HA!
I figured it out!
First, I made Steve some not-so-fancy curtains/panels to cover the windows in the garage and basement. I had to...he bought me the sewing machine. I'm sure one day I will look at them in disgust at how bad they are and make new ones. :)


Then, Steve gave me a pair of jeans he was going to throw away and we made some new toys for Moose. He didn't really care about them at first (he was tired), but now he's a fan.
This morning, I decided to make something for me...a coffee coolie! Then, I made Steve one!
I made a collar cover for Moose. I snapped it on real quick while he was playing outside. He doesn't nomally wear 3 collars. He wears 1 all the time and his shock collar while he's outside. I have the third so I decided to make a cool Michigan State cover for it. He can wear it on game days because Steve refuses to let me dress him up.

My next plan is to make a bed for Moose that fits in his giant crate. I'm waiting (praying) for a snow day.

2 comments:

The Rausch's said...

Good job Megs!!! So proud of your sewing!!

Anonymous said...

You are so crafty...