5.08.2010

A Birthday Outing

Yesterday (5/7) was my 28th birthday!

Steve, being the wonderful husband to the somewhat hormonal-always hungry-often tired-sometimes nauseas-pregnant lady (that's me!) made yesterday the best birthday ever. He started out the morning surprising me with my current favorite, sausage biscuit, hash brown, and OJ from McDonalds...I cried.

After work, I came home and received my presents: root beer (caffiene free and DELICIOUS), a radio/cd player (for laying next to the pool this summer), and a FLIP video camera (to record Sprout's every move).

Yesterday was our mother's day celebration at work so after helping 75 first graders and their moms make crafts, I was exhausted. We settled on chinese take-out for dinner and agreed to go "out" for dinner today.

So, where did we go? Gizzard City! A few nights ago we were watching Diner's Drive In's and Dives and saw this place that's only 30 miles from here. We had to go!

I checked out the menu ahead of time and knew it would be a tough decision. Steve, on the other hand, knew just what he was getting: The Triple D! It's a deep fried hamburger!

The best part was dessert! Deep fried cookie dough!

In the end, it was a great birthday outing. One that we will always remember because Steve moaned and groaned in discomfort the whole way home. Sprout and I, on the other hand, were comfortably resting and happy with our deep fried meal.


*Some people really "needed" to see this. Sorry, it's the best picture I can get at 6:30 am. :) Hopefully, I can get a better one tomorrow on mother's day! (me @ 13w3d)

2 comments:

The Rausch's said...

You look great!!! Happy Belated birthday yesterday!! I miss you and can't wait to see you and Sprout (Woodz too) in a few weeks!

Unknown said...

I heart the bump! And, I suck because I totally spaced your bday :( Sounds like you a had a good one! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Happy Momma's Day!