12.19.2008

Holiday Hustle and Bustle

I feel a bit guilty about not blogging, but then again, I don't. We've been so busy with the holidays that blogging just hasn't been a priority. I am sure most of you would agree!


Today I found the time and energy to blog because today is my first Michigan snow day! That means I will have 11 days off for Christmas break instead of 10. Soooooooo nice! In Carrollton, snow days were lots of fun because I could sleep in, and by 10 the snow would be nearly melted so I could go shopping and be out and about. Here, it's snowing 1 inch an hour. We have about 5 or 6 now on top of the 5 from the other day, and it just keeps coming!


I'm pretty proud of myself. I resisted the temptation to sleep all afternoon and woke up and made my husband waffles. After he left for work, I did take a 45 minute nap but woke up and played with Moose and gave him a bath. I also took out the trash, cleaned the bathroom, packed up Steve's clothes, and I am in the process of making cookies.


Every snow day I have the urge to bake. Because of this, I always stock up on baking supplies when I know the snow days are coming. Today, I went traditional and made the plain ol' chocolate chip cookies using the recipe from the back of the bag. I figure I will take some to my dad tonight.


We're heading to New Castle for Christmas as soon as Steve gets home from work. Of course, I am not ready, but I have a few hours. Moose is coming with us as well as his giant crate. He's so big he's a bit of a burdon, but he's so sweet and fun I couldn't leave him at home. We're really lucky my parents like him and are ok with having our "bull" in their "china shop."


We're staying 2 nights in New Castle and then going to Betsy and Kyle's to have Christmas with Bets, Kyle, Owen, Kar, and Justin. I'm really excited about the menu betsy e-mailed me! She's awesome. Moose will get to meet Linus as well. It should be interesting! A BIG black dog with a LITTLE white dog. :)


Christmas cards have been sent, packages are wrapped, bracelets and bookmarks have been made, and dog bones are now (white) chocolate covered.


It's time to celebrate the holidays! :) Merry Christmas!

(Here is our Christmas card this year. My talented husband drew it for me.)

3 comments:

thegroves said...

Did he really draw that? It's awesome!

Steven and Megan Woods said...

Yes, he drew it. We've heard there have been many arguments in housholds as to wether or not he drew it. :)

Stacy-I can't get on your blog. :( I want to see what's going on! :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun together this Christmas season...but the ride on "The Polar Express" at Cartmell wasn't as much fun this year without you.